Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Walking Pumpkins





They don't really walk. That was just to get your attention. One of the great halloween traditions here in logan is the pumpkin walk. There are hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins: carved, painted, and decorated. They depict scenes out of books, movies, television shows, history, you name it! Dan and I went with my sister and her little family today. I have always loved the pumpkin walk but it's one of those things that is made that much better by being with some little kids. It was great to see them get excited. At the end there were a bunch of those paintings you stick your head in. They couldn't get enough of those. Anyway, it was a beautiful bright sunny day for our pumpkin outing! Oh, I almost forgot the best thing! They had the Cartwright family from Bonanza (which, some of you may know, is my favorite tv show)! There was Ben, Hoss and Little Joe. I don't know what happened to Adam but three was plenty to get me excited! :)

4 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

Angie what fun!!! We had planned to go to Wheeler Farm with Josh nad Deena and kids on Saturday for some pumpkin fun, but dar it it was such a rainy day that we canceled. Glad the weather was good for you. Mom

Fletch said...

Looks like a fun deal. I'm bummed I never went all those years I was in Logan. You may not know this Angie but Dan and I were champion pumpkin carvers once.

Rachel Ure said...

that clifford picture is so cute. i have never seen one so big. kids do make those kinds of things more fun. miss you

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

kents right. Legends are still told in some circles of our epic Pacman pumpkin of '04-'05. I say '04-'05 because i don't think we got rid of it until it became a neighborhood health issue around April or so.