Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Employed!!

The search is over (at least for the summer). I finally landed a job working for a Richmond, UT company called PROVIDIA. They "assist land owners in the management of land health, from monitoring land use to weed management and reclamation." From what I could gather during my interview, they do a lot of GPS work plotting points in fields and rangelands using these really nifty $3,000 units - my job is to "make the maps", and manage and organize existing and future data. It's an internship that will give me some awesome experience and hopefully make me more hirable for future positions. They mentioned that after September there is a possibility of being hired full time. Angie and I are way excited to have something finally and we're glad we get to stay in Logan for at least a little while longer. 

Here's a link to their webpage if anyone's interested in checking them out:
http://providiaprecision.com/index.asp

7 comments:

Jo Olsen said...

congrats dan, that's awesome! I'm glad you guys will be stickin around this summer.

Von and Maureen said...

YAH!!!!! So glad for you and Angie. It sounds perfect for you, congradulations Dan. We are happy that you don't have to move this summer. That will make life much easier. We love you guys. Mom

ChrisG said...

Yahoo! I'm glad I get to keep having lunch with you two this summer. Um, unless I find a job and leave... :)

Josh said...

nice job Dan!! find out if they can hire your brother... i do computers.. wonder how that would fit in....

Rebekah said...

That is great, Dan. We've been praying for you guys and the whole job thing (along with Angie's eyes). Glad you found something you can hopefully enjoy!

Rachel Ure said...

such good news! Good work dan!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Dan,

That is perfect!!! That is so awesome! I don't really know how that could have happened better. This is your foot in the door. Often the hardest part of it all. Well done!! Don't hesitate to ask if you have GIS related questions.

Jake