Monday, March 29, 2010

Quick update



So, Angie and I are now choosing between graduate school at Arizona State, University of Utah and the University of Idaho. We drove to Moscow Idaho to see what it was all about and really liked it. We wanted to check out Phoenix, but we're pretty sure we're not going to end up there (it's too hot and too many people and too expensive). I heard back from my old comrades in Richmond where I worked last year and they want me back on board this year. I am thrilled to quit my lame graveshift job. I have kept myself entertained there by collecting interesting funny names that I see on pieces of mail (I see literally 100's of thousands of names everyday). Here are some of my favorites:

William B. Bumgardner III
Richard Nixon
Tommy A. Morrow
Dedmon
Blood
Freeze
Estelle Cake
Puh
Cynthia Peeple
Marlin D. Mullet
Margit M. Loser
Daniel Christ
Amy Caution
William Fagg
Tina Outlawwaters
Eliuth G. Moron
David S. Bottoms
Michael Butts
John Buttram
Ralph R. Boring
Peter Bushyhead
Leroy Brown
Diane Reminder
Mertle Turnipseed
Ramona Hooker
Dan Pickle
Survive W. Freedom
David Dang
Jean Goodenough
James P. Lady
Theresa Pubrat

It's amazing the kinds of things you find to occupy your mind while your standing for 12 hours staring at a belt line.

9 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

mertle turnipseed sounds like a very cute person. might use that name in a childrens book. ok. your jobs sounds like hell. but, it has given you a fabulous list of the most laughable names. why why why- would you give yourself the last name bushyhead- maybe back in the day only the wealthy had bushy heads or something. good times

Rachel Ure said...

I also like bumgarder and pubrat a lot. Pubrat seems liek the perfect name for an annoying pubescent kid with lots of zits and an obnoxious laugh

ChrisG said...

I'm glad Scott finally got back to you about the summer job -- that's great that you'll be working there! And good luck making a decision on a school...

Rebekah said...

Wouldn't it be fun having one of those names follow you through life?!
We were so glad you see you guys last weekend.
Good luck choosing schools!!

Von and Maureen said...

What fun!! We have a cute lady in our ward with the name of Naomi Housekeeper. I think it is cute and you don't forget it. My very selfish vote on the school is the "U", but really want what is best for you both and your future. (that is my story and I'm sticking with it):) love you, Mom

beth said...

It's like you wrote this post just for Downtown Megan Brown! She totally needs to read this. (They like in Moscow - did ya know?)

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Looks like a great list of school options. Think about it, you could be choosing between, northeastern Oklahoma school of the custodial arts or the Charles C Pubrat Academy for the "less" gifted. We're very impressed and proud that you have such fantastic options. We've all had those jobs, remember that you now have that story that you'll need to share with your kids... "Well, when I was your your age..." U of U sure sounds good to me right now, but Idaho would be an AWESOME experience-- no question.

Megan said...

Hey Angie and Dan! Beth referred me to your blog. I laugh because I made a similar list once at a summer telemarketing job (don't judge me!) from long ago. I'm sad to say I don't have the list anymore. Anyway, Moscow is awesome in case you were wondering. We've been here a year and a half and have really liked it. If you want any info on housing or about Moscow in general let me know!

Josh said...

i heard there were more millionaires per capita in moscow than anywhere in the world...oh wait, that was Moscow Russia...maybe the fact that we saw Kyle Whittingham at the priesthood session was the lords way of saying it should be the U.