Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nile to be published!



For those of you who don't know, I've dabbled in designing games for the last few years. It's just been a hobby, and I've had lots of fun doing it. Recently I've had some fun new developments that I've been really excited about. First off, a card game I created called "Nile" has been picked up by a company called Minion Games to be published later this year! Secondly, I entered a few of my games into an annual amateur game design competition called the Ion Award which is in conjunction with the Saltcon board game convention. My game "Sprawl" was selected as a finalist and I was asked to present my game to a panel of 8 judges who are professionals from the boardgame industry. It was nerve-racking, but lots of fun and my game was really well received by all the judges. At the convention they announced the winners and I took 2nd place! What's more exciting though, is that the judge representing the largest of the companies said that he wanted to show my game to his company (Fred Distribution). So I'm in the process now of tightening up the game and making a final prototype to send to him in Oregon. Anyways, lots of fun stuff happening! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as there are more developments

6 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

what the what!!!! sweet man! That is crazy! and very cool!

ChrisG said...

That's awesome! Hopefully they pay you well if they use your game...

Aimee said...

Dan, we can't tell you how excited we are for you. Congrats!
Can't wait to play these cool games!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

That is so great Dan! Its nice to see you getting the recognition we all know you deserve in that regard. Well done.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

So now I can say I know the guy who created "nile!" Awesome Dan!

Josh said...

we were pretty excited when you stopped by and told us about Nile, and then the next day to hear that your game at the convention came in 2nd place, man, there just might be a future for you in this field!!