Thursday, April 16, 2009

the lowdown on my eyes...

just wanted to update everyone with the latest on my eyes.  i saw the eye doctor again today and was given a field of vision test.  the results showed us that not only do i have problems in my left eye but also in my right eye.  exactly half of my right eye tested poorly and my left eye tested poorly through the center of all four quadrants and also most of one side. that pattern is not consistent with anything the doctor was familiar with.  i'm pretty sure he doesn't think it's optic neuritis anymore, he said the pattern was similar to that of a pituitary tumor but still a little different.  also, when reading the eye chart this time my left eye was not able to read as well as it did last time so it's getting a little worse apparently. so, he's not sure what is wrong...nothing to be too alarmed about yet i think.  i am scheduled for an MRI on tuesday afternoon.   this whole thing is kinda scary for me (of course my mind is going to the worst places) but dan is doing his best to keep me positive and not freaking out. what a great guy, i love him.  i'm really grateful for all of your love and support.   i would really appreciate your continued prayers.  so i guess that's it, i'll try to keep you updated as we learn what's going on.

8 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

we will definitely continue the prayers! aaaahh! I hate the unknown! I lov you so much ang- hope you can find some peace.

Von and Maureen said...

Please know that we are praying for you and that we love you.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

We'll continue to pray for you guys. Staying positive is definitely a good thing.

Rebekah said...

It is hard not to be a bit freaked out in a situation like that. Sorry that you are dealing with the wondering--that is always the hardest.
We love you and join everyone else who loves you in prayers on your behalf!

beth said...

Sorry you have to go through such a crazy time! Hope everything turns out just fine!

ChrisG said...

You're in my thoughts, Angie! Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out with the MRI. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry. I hope the MRI helps. Let me know if you need anything. I'm always home and bored if you need someone to talk to.

Josh said...

Ang, my kids mention you in their prayers every time we pray. there is bound to be a cloud of angels watching over you and, i betcha everything will be work out and things get back to normal!! stay positive!