Saturday, April 18, 2009


Growing up, Josh liked reminding everyone that he was the oldest and that put him in charge – as if his massive size suggested doubt. He spent hours tumbling around with me (never hurting me on purpose) and even though I sometimes hated it, I always loved the attention my brother showed me. Watching WWF, American Gladiators or just going for a drive in the VW bus, Josh was a really fun brother and he was really good to his dorky 7yrs-younger brother. To him I was “Chubba-lubba” and Jacob came to learn that if he was rough with me all I had to do was yell for josh and that usually settled things pretty quick. We always had a special bond since I was young, and that bond has continued to the present - going to concerts, sharing music, jokes, video games and just hanging out. I like watching Josh interact with his kids, he's a fun dad and you can tell how much he loves his family. Thanks Josh for being a great bro'

5 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

great little tribute. You guys also share beard wearing now and then.

Von and Maureen said...

I love that you guys all love each other! Happy Birthday Josh.

Rebekah said...

I loved reading that tribute to our big brother!
Ah, Chubba-lubba.

Josh said...

alright Chubs, that was nice. i might have been cool like you if i had a big brother to do all those things with me! i just hope there aren't too many scars, physical or mental from the 'glory days'. heavens knows i have a few!!

thanks for the cool post!

Deborah and Stephen said...

I seem to remember a lot of pardon my speech but 'buttercups' bugger eating and having dans face under josh's bum. but I am sure dan enjoyed the attention! heheh I love you josh and am glad that I have all my older siblings to look up to.. josh happy belated birthday