Friday, January 30, 2009

You'll never guess what we did



So a couple weeks ago we were visiting mom and dad in salt lake. Dad had been cleaning out the storage room and had come across his old rifles. He asked me if I wanted to take the old .22 rifle. I thought about it and said.. sure. So now we had this rifle. well to make a long story short, we had our date night today at the public shooting range. I would recommend it to any couple. I got to see a new side to my wife (she can shoot like the blazes). Anywho- true to Callister form, we were politely asked not to use dad's rifle after firing off a few rounds, since it looked dangerous and it was acting funny, ejecting bullets instead of loading them (the duct-tape didn't make it look to professional either). But the guy running the place said he'd let us use another one of theirs for free. Sucker. Angie wasn't sure if she'd like it, but she ended up having a really good time. It was kind of obnoxious not being able to hear each other the whole time, though. Hope you all dig the pics!







9 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

Holy Cow!!! You guys are good shots!!! I have to admit I am not sure i would enjoy it,but you never know. Probably should just get rid of Dad's rifle before somebody gets hurt. Love you guys MOM

ChrisG said...

Looks like fun! My dad was going to give me his old .22 a few years ago, but I think my mom hid it because he couldn't find it. :)

Annie and Jake Callister said...

You make us all proud Angie! You too Dan... that 22 and I have had many precious moments, mostly hunting rabbits out by Cove Fort (now Eagle Mountain). I never wondered which gun was mine...

This old 22 taught me to shoot the rabbits
Taught me how to laugh and how to cry
it introduced me to some freinds of mine
and scared away a few
it helped me make it through some lonely nights, whoa
what a freind to have on a cold and lonely night

Jake

Rebekah said...

Adam and Eli think you are both so cool!!
That looks like fun.
Good date night idea.
love you guys!

Rachel Ure said...

you crazy kids! what will you think up next. Well, it is nice to know that you guys could both defend yourselves if the need arose. Next time try using a hand gun- since thats probably what you'll run into on the streets ( and learn some moves to dis-arm and steal your attackers gun)

Josh said...

looks like Angies target is proof she is a better shot than you Dan!! I believe, though i may be dreaming that i was with dad on the 3 wheeler and that .22 was strapped to the back rack, we hit a bump and that is why it is duck taped together!! i actually love that rifle, because it is a 16 shot semi automatic. it veered a little and i learned to shoot by aiming a little left or right of the actual target. good times.

i too shot a rabbit with it in Delta, and it is the worst hunting experience i have ever had. probably because it is the only time i can remember actually killing anything. i hit the rabbit and when i approached it, it was crying, seriously crying, and dad put it out of its misery. awful experience. i really enjoy shooting bottles and things that explode much more!!

Josh said...

oh, and Rachel, the way to disarm your opponents gun, is by emptying your own in his 'hopefully' corpse.

Von and Maureen said...

Josh, we know you are not that mean and tough!!! Remember the rabbit story? That is the Josh we all love. Mom

Deborah and Stephen said...

wow dan and angie.. I think that looks like a good time! everyone's comments are pretty fun as well! :) I think I will take up shooting as a pass time activity! ya, that sounds nice! cool beans!