Friday, October 10, 2008

adventures in owl-making


my nephew, matt, turned TWO this month! i had asked my sister if there was something he needed and after giving me the usual "you don't need to get him anything" line she said there was this cute owl from the pottery barn kids catalog that might be neat if i could try to copy. so i tried. he's pretty cute though i don't know how much like the original he looks. this was my first attempt at a little softie and there are a lot of things i could improve but it was fun to try something new. so thanks, aimee, for the suggestion!

6 comments:

ChrisG said...

I think he's cute, Angie!

beth said...

I love it! It's very cute. You could go into business!

beth said...

OK I just looked up the pottery barn owl and yours looks SO much cuter!!

Rebekah said...

That owl really is super cute! I love to look at Pottery Barn for ideas, and I agree that I like your owl better than theirs!
Plus, yours was made with love just for him. How fun.
Are you up for orders? smile

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Thats awesome Angie! Holy cow... I want one of those. Girls got skills!! Maybe you could send some up and Annie could sneak them into the Pottery Barn she works at...

Jake

Sarah said...

I've seen it Ang, and it's way cute! I was watching the kids one day and Matt showed it to me, saying you made it.
-Sarah