Wednesday, April 16, 2008

what i did this weekend...




so where was angie while dan was at his beloved boardgame convention, you ask. well, i headed down south with a friend from my mission, errin lacey. we spent a couple of days in moab. two days were not long enough but they'll do until i can get back again (hopefully this summer). errin had never been to southern utah ever! there were so many things i wanted to show her but our time was limited. we hiked to delicate arch. the weather was perfect: nice and cool, a bit overcast. then the snow came! crazy! but really beautiful. the next day we rented mountain bikes! i'd never been. the bike was awesome. full suspension. the trail we rode included 3 miles over slick rock. that was absolutely the best part. kinda scary but oh, so thrilling. i'd do it again. southern utah is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world! 

p.s. jake, i hope this post wasn't too painful. :)

6 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Angie,

I am jealous, but not in pain. What a fun weekend! We have never biked slickrock, that might be a fun family activity! I'll bet your freind loved it! I WILL be in southern Utah sometime this year... oh yes..

Jake

Rachel Ure said...

that sounds so exciting! Your friend was lucky to go with you! It is funny... southern utah is kinda like Hawaii to our family. it's like the premier vacation spot for us. ( i actually haven't been for about 6 years!)

Von and Maureen said...

ohhhh yes that red rock so. utah. I was very jealous of Angie and her friend. I also hope to get there before and after it gets too hot!!! I don't know about the biking. I'll bet you could get a bit sore....do you think so Angie? love mom

angie said...

yeah, i forgot to mention the soreness. my bum is just beginning to recover. :) i'm definitely not used to bike seats...let alone bouncing up and down on one. i have bruises there and on my legs and some cuts as well. but it was all worth the fun. my vote is in for the family slickrock biking activity! ~angie

Josh said...

Deena's family totally bikes slickrock and i have never done it. they think i am weird, i want too!! just have never had a good bike or the money to rent one. Kudoos Angie!!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

That sounds sooo fun Angie. Rachel, I totally cracked up reading your comment. It is so true. It wouldn't suprise me if Jake passed up hawaii for S.U.

Angie, I hope your bum has recovered!