Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Decade Together!

(one of the earliest I could find of us; Spring 2003)
 
No, your calculator works fine- We just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary in December- But it was on this very day, exactly 10 years ago that I met the love of my life.

I'm not the kind of person that remembers relationship "firsts" of any sort, but fortunately, I have the advantage in this case of being able to associate that night with another event, which was, at the time, a very big thing for me- a huge CD release show that my band organized and executed on March 28, 2003. It was our second album and we had put so much time, effort, and money into its production that we wanted to put on a spare-no-expense-or-effort concert at the rather posh Ellen Eccles Theater in Logan, Utah to promote it.

The show sold out and was a huge success, not to mention tons of fun for us on stage. After the show the band was selling and signing CDs, chatting with people and just enjoying the energy and celebrity that is in the air after a great show like that. It was there on the red carpet of the lobby, late into the evening that a good friend and neighbor of mine Miriam Williams introduced me to a cute little bandana-wearing, curly-haired friend of hers that she had dragged along with her that night, named Angie Olsen.

It was probably only a matter of days before I took her on our first date. We went fishing- she got the catch of the day and has been outperforming me ever since!

I'm a lucky guy to have such a wonderful companion as Angie, and the last 10 years have been the best of my life! Love ya, babe!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

So sweet Dan! I like hearing it from your perspective :)
Andy and I just celebrated our '11 years ago engagement' day yesterday. I didn't realize we almost shared a special day so close to you guys...

Janet O. said...

Oh, Dan, this made me tear up.
What a great couple you make!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

That night is absolutely in my top five of all of my life's experiences Dan. Fantastic that you get a double whammy on that one! As a funny related side-note: The first real lokalgrown concert Annie attending (I say "real" because she attended some pre-lokalgrown house jams by Nate,Quinn and I) was the Moonlight and Music we played in the Student Center (because of rain). That night, before she knew who you were, she saw you and said, "ughh, I hate it when guys have better hair than I do" This is before you destroyed your golden locks with "dreadendness" :)

Von and Maureen said...

Daniel thanks for sharing that sweet message. I too remember that night with joy. We have ever been so glad that you brought Angie into our lives as well. Bless that night!!!! And Bless you guys. Mom

Deborah and Stephen said...

heavens little blessings.. love you both. and you both have amazing hair :) what are the odds, hehe

Rebekah said...

I, too, thought that was so sweet to read!
We love Dangie!
I had to smile at Annie's hair comment--Dan and his golden locks. My boys loved the long-hair Dan image--Gabe asked if you were wearing a wig!
:)