Monday, February 25, 2008

*Nerd Alert*





So Angie and I play board games with a couple every Wednesday night, and Saturday we went to their place again to take another crack at Wednesday's game (since wednesday's game was really complicated and it took Adam and me a couple hours before we felt like we had sufficient understanding to start playing and by then our wives had long since left and started a movie). So we played that and it took a good 2 or 3 hours. Then, not quite feeling like we'd had our fix, Adam and I wanted to stay up and try out another game he's had but had never played. I own it and didn't remember it being too complicated or taking too terribly long... So about 5 hours later we finally finished it!!! Angie had long since given up and gone home, and the rest of us were drunken with fatigue and frustration, we were all relieved when Adam finally won. It was such a good time, though!! I don't know if Angie will ever play that game with me again, but I'm excited for a rematch :)

3 comments:

Fletch said...

I assume Runebound is the game that took you five hours. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It will become shorter once you and other players become more familiar with the rules. Also I found that using the doom track varient makes a world of difference (yes I am a bigger nerd!). Doesn't seem like the type of game Angie would enjoy though. Was the other game Age of Empires? I really enjoy that game. I've never had it go three hours though. By the way Dan I created Geeklists for the games played at our monthly game day. Now you can see what you and Angie have been missing out on.

Rachel Ure said...

i so would have been watching the movie and then home with bed like angie. but i am glad you enjoyed yourself dan.

Michelle said...

It was a fun game but i was thrilled when it was over... I think i was half asleep for the last hour anyway. I can't wait till Wednesday... I'm excited what game ANGIE is going to pick...